Become a Volunteer Tutor
Are you interested in becoming a Volunteer Tutor? Listen to this 2014 podcast of Susan Ya-Senka (Interim Literacy Coordinator at the time) discussing valuable information for Tutors: http://krwg.org/post/read-write-now-free-literacy-resources-dacc
- 2 – 4 hours per week, or more if you and your Learner wish to meet more frequently
- Once matched with a Learner from our waiting list, you and your Learner will determine a convenient study schedule
- 18 hours of Basic Literacy or English as a Second Language (ESL), conducted free of charge at the DACC Main Campus Quintana Learning Center
- Available at our LV-DAC library in the Quintana Learning Center
- See the On-Line Teaching Resources page for additional information
(if the links are no longer active, PLEASE, contact the Literacy Program and let us know: 575-527-7641 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Learners usually improve at least one grade level after 45-55 hours of tutoring and experience increased self-esteem, reduced need for public assistance, and improved job opportunities.
- Families find that as parents’ educational levels rise, the children experience more success at school.
- Our economy improves as Learners earn higher wages, therefore reducing the need for public assistance, increasing buying power and tax revenues.
We are in constant need of volunteers to sustain our program. Please take the first step to join us by completing our easy Tutor Volunteer Intake Form. Thank you for your interest in Adult Literacy and in helping your community!